Homes for Sale in Old Mountain View, Mountain View, CA
Old Mountainview is a trendy downtown neighborhood situated in the central portion of Mountain View, California.
Although mostly residential, the district is famous for its many well-established commercial establishments along Castro Street. With a lot of family-friendly amenities and convenient distance to various retail stores, school options, and public parks, Old Mountain View is a fantastic real estate market for buyers looking to purchase a move-in-ready home in the heartland of Silicon Valley. For a detailed report on real estate in the neighborhood, please continue reading through our featured community page. Should you have additional questions you would like to be answered about homes in the area; please feel free to contact me today to get the information you need.
- CASTRO STREET: A popular place to visit of Old Mountain View, home to various pubs, cafes, eateries, and many other dining establishments that locals frequent throughout Silicon Valley. The neighborhood is also home to several notable attractions, including Mountain View City Hall and Eagle Park. Aside from the many establishments along Castro Street, residents can also drive along El Camino Real to find even more dining and retail establishments readily accessible from the community.
- CENTRAL LOCATION: Located at Mountain View, California, Old Mountain View enjoys easy access to the many business centers and industrial parks within and around the city. Residents can also use the many major highways nearby to connect to other major business parks in Silicon Valley.
- LOVELY SINGLE-FAMILY HOMES: Homes in Old Mountain View includes a selection of traditional craftsman-style homes built during the suburban housing boom in the middle part of the 20th century. These households feature modest working-class configurations with comfortable single-story home builds. Buyers that prefer to avoid climbing up and down the stairs will appreciate the simple yet spacious designs offered by these houses.
- SUBURBAN COMMUNITY: The exteriors of residences in the neighborhood include a combination of brick and stucco walls with brightly colored paints adding to the overall curb appeal of the community. Streets are lined with mature trees, with some seasonal oranges being a common sight to be found whenever you take a drive around the area. If you’re in the market for a move-up home that provides additional space for your growing family, then you’ll surely appreciate the amazing properties available for purchase in the Old Mountain View neighborhood.
Popular Old Mountain View Resources
Old Mountain View Neighborhood Information
Old Mountain View Neighborhood Amenities
Your Sunnyvale Realtor®
Find Your Home
Homes for Sale in Old Mountain View
Open Houses in Old Mountain View
Take the next step
Ready to take the next step?
As a full-service real estate professional, I work with sellers, buyers, and investors to help them with their property transactions. Whatever price range or property type you’re looking at, I’m here to help. Please don’t hesitate to Contact Me today with any questions you may have.
Homes in Old Mountain View
10 Need to Know Real Estate Facts about Old Mountain View
- Real Estate in Old Mountain View is comprised of timely single-family homes built during the 1910s to 1980s.
- These residences are mostly one-floor Craftsman-style homes offering modest living arrangements.
- Layouts of these home models include Bungalow-type and Ranch-style configurations.
- Attached front-facing car garages with ample space for multiple vehicles are a typical layout for most houses in the area.
- Sizes of homes in the community range between 700 sqft all the way up to 3,400 sqft.
- Interiors typically include open floor layouts with an eat-in kitchen, dining area, and living room, greeting you upon entering the household.
- Home lots in the neighborhood range between 0.01 to 0.26 Acres.
- Newer home builds developed around the 2000s to 2010s, although limited, are also available in the neighborhood.
- These residences feature various custom designs.
- Apartments and townhouses within the community are also relatively new in the area.
On the map
Old Mountain View Map
Old Mountain View is a centrally-located suburb within Mountain View, California. Central Expressway borders the district to the north, the West Valley Freeway and Southbay Freeway to the east, El Camino Real to the south, and S Shoreline Boulevard to the west. Other neighborhoods bordering this suburb include Shoreline West, Jackson Park, Willow Gate, Cuesta Park, and Sylvan Park.
Old Mountain View is the primary downtown neighborhood of the city and is home to its City Hall. You’ll also find various city-maintained community amenities and offices within the suburb, including the Mountain View Center for the Performing Arts, the Mountain View Public Library, the Mountain View Chamber of Commerce, and so much more.